From our team to yours, thank you for another record year. In 2018, we remained focused on the Energy Program, while also partnering on numerous other projects, ranging from affordable housing and public infrastructure, to mixed use and iconic headquarters in Central Ohio.
Some of our most notable projects include:
- White Castle’s Headquarters: The Finance Authority entered into a capital lease for a total of $21.4 million was issued to facilitate phase 1 of White Castle’s multi-phase project, a 19-acre mixed-use commercial and residential development, which will also house the corporate headquarters.
- West Long Street: Over $3 million of Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Bonds were issued via the Finance Authority’s Central Ohio Regional Bond Fund for energy efficiency improvements to a 10,400-square foot mixed use development at 35-55 West Long Street downtown.
- 805 Cleveland Ave: The Finance Authority entered into a capital lease for a $21 million project which is an affordable, workforce housing development by Avenue Partners and Elford. The project will create192 apartments on 5 acres.
- Trivium Grove City: The Finance Authority issued $448,500 through its Energy Loan Fund financing a 41,000-square foot medical office building in Grove City, which will incorporate energy efficiencies into the new building’s construction.
- 800 N. High St: The Finance Authority issued $4.8 million through its Bond Fund program for a parking garage and took title of the $45 million construction of a 150,000-square foot 10-story mixed-use development in the Short North. Thanks to the continued collaboration of our clients and partners, the Finance Authority issued $256 million, financing 24 projects in 2018. We look forward to what this year will bring for Central Ohio.
Thank you to the City of Columbus and the Franklin County Board of Commissioners for their continued support, as well as to our Board of Directors: Chair Dr. Joseph Alutto, Vice Chair Frank Capella, Secretary-Treasurer Greta Russell, Ralph Abbott, Richard Barnhart, Darci Congrove, Stephen Brooks, and Darnita Bradley.